- Full Name: Jared Tristan Padalecki
- Date of Birth: July 19th, 1982
- Hometown: San Antonio, Texas
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Brown
- Current Height: 6’4 3/4″
- Family: 1 older brother, Jeff & 1 younger sister, Megan.
- Relationship status: Married; To Genevieve Cortese
- Children: 2 sons & 1 daughter, Thomas Colton (born March 2012), Austin Sheperd (born December 2013) and Odette Elliot (born March 2017)
- Started taking acting lessons when he was 12.
- Won a Claim to Fame contest in 1999 that sent him to the first Teen Choice Awards where he was noticed by an agent.
- Was a candidate for the Presidential Scholars Program in 2000.
- Planned to attend the University of Texas but changed his mind when he won the role of Dean on Gilmore Girls.
- Received information about mythology to prep him for Supernatural from his mom, Sherri, a heroes, myths and legends high school teacher.
Jared’s journey into the world of acting began when he won FOX’s 1999 “Claim to Fame Contest”; a chance to appear at the Teen Choice Awards. He ended up meeting his manager at the show and after graduating from high school in 2000, moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career.
His first credit was a minor role in the 1999 film A Little Inside. In 2000, he was cast as Dean Forester on the television series Gilmore Girls, a role that was only supposed to last 4 episodes, but lasted until 2005. Throughout the early 2000s, he also appeared in several made-for-television films, including Silent Witness, Close to Home, and the Disney Channel Original Movie A Ring of Endless Light.
In 2003’s comedy Cheaper by the Dozen, he played a bully after being asked by fellow actor and friend Tom Welling, who played the part of Charlie Baker, and the director of the movie, who wanted someone bigger than Charlie to pick on him. He originally auditioned for Welling’s role, but gave it up in order to film a pilot titled Young MacGyver which was never picked up. In 2004, he appeared in the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen comedy New York Minute as Trey Lipton a cute boy who the Olson’s characters are attracted to. He also landed a short role in the thriller Flight of the Phoenix alongside Dennis Quaid and Hugh Laurie. In 2005, Jared starred opposite Elisha Cuthbert, Chad Michael Murray and Paris Hilton as Wade in the horror film House of Wax. He also appeared in another horror film, Cry Wolf.
Over the years Jared has had quite a few other projects, he served as the host of MTV’s horror reality series, Room 401 which sadly only lasted 8 episodes. Jared played the lead role in 2008’s The Christmas Cottage, in which he played Thomas Kinkade.
He also had the lead role in the horror remake Friday the 13th film alongside Danielle Panabaker, which opened i February of 2009. He played Clay Miller, a character who heads out to the doomed Camp Crystal Lake in search of his sister who has gone missing.
But quite possibly Jared’s most notable role to date has been playing Sam Winchester on the hit series Supernatural. Sam and his brother Dean (played by fellow texan Jensen Ackles) drive across the United States hunting paranormal predators. The show airs on the CW.